Skip to main content

I'm Still Here

2018 has been hectic. 

I could possibly end the post there but that doesn't seem like a great way to come back. 

I've spent the last 6 months pretty much sat at a desk studying with very little time for anything else, hence the absence of posts on here. At some point soon I'll write about everything that has happened so far this year, but for now, I just wanted to quickly say that A Levels are over and I'm back. Hopefully I'll get some stuff up over the next few days but right now, my main priority is to try to destress and return to normality after what has been a pretty tough (although at times wonderful) year in more ways than one. 

In the mean time, for anyone with exams coming up or having finished them, I hope you too have a restful and well deserved summer. 

Elle xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Super Exciting News!!

A very quick post today but just to announce that I am now part of the That Oxford Girl team!! I'm so excited to be working with Tilly and everyone to improve access to Oxford and share my experiences . My first post will be up soon, so keep an eye out!  https://www.thatoxfordgirl.com/that-oxford-girl-blog If you're new, quick note about me . I'm currently a first year Law student at Worcester College, University of Oxford . Coming from a comprehensive school in the North of England, I am really passionate about increasing access to top UK unis and have been getting involved with lots of different projects since arriving to encourage young people to apply! All the best Elle xx

Challenging a Holy Grail

It's probably a bit strange that my first blog post in a while is a foundation/makeup thing. It really has been a while since I've done anything like this because, let's be honest, anybody reading this is likely 100x more experienced and knowledgable about makeup than I am after spending the year rarely wearing it. However, when I look online, I struggle to find foundation recommendations for people with similar skin to mine so I thought this might be of some use. I have very fair skin so struggle to find anything from high street makeup brands (and high end most of the time) that's the right shade as my skin, despite being pale, doesn't particularly have pink undertones, which most foundations at the lighter end of the shade range tend to have. The only foundation that I tend to buy other than the MAC Studio Fix fluid in NW10 (a tad too dark but good for going out) is the Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry in 110 Ivory. When I first started to use this foundation, I...

Somehow I'm Going to Oxford....

This blog post is a little (a lot) on the surreal side. If you follow my on Instagram you may already know this but if not, I thought I'd just add a quick note on here. I am about to officially become a first year Law student at the University of Oxford! I'll probably post a little bit more about this at another time but for now, I thought I'd just briefly highlight the process. Flashback to September 2016. I'd just started A Level and for the past few years, Durham had been at the top of my list for university, followed by Bristol. I had never in my life even considered applying to Oxford or Cambridge. At all. My head of Sixth Form came and spoke to me and said that a student from Cambridge was coming in to school to speak to students about studying at Oxbridge and he thought I should go. I said I really wasn't interested; I didn't know anything about the universities, I was 100% sure I wasn't smart enough, posh enough or just good enough to even co...